Video: Thunder Admin Theme
In this tutorial, we present the new Thunder Admin Theme (https://www.drupal.org/project/thunder_admin).
- Nice looks: You will find the new design to be neat and more compact: We replaced the grey colour of the Seven theme by different shades of blue and grey so the backend appears friendlier. The paragraphs have the same size now and the areas for basis information, teaser, and main content are separated visually.
- Less scrolling: The buttons for saving an article and getting a preview are now fixed at the bottom of the site, so you don’t have to scroll down to the end of your article to save some changes in the title.
- Less distraction: The help texts are now hidden behind small buttons with question marks – this ensures they won’t disturb the nice view but they are there if you need them.
- Fewer clicks: You can edit an image inside the image paragraph by clicking on the edit symbol. The edit form will immediately open and you can change the media name, the focal point, and anything else without an additional click.
- Optimised for tablets: When the screen you are working gets smaller, the block with the meta information will disappear into a sidebar. You can always get to this information by clicking on the gearwheel symbol at the right side.
Since then, we further improved the theme and Thunder as well. Among other things, we added the content lock module and a pinterest paragraph, and fixed a data loss bug, where changes in an inline entity form where not submitted when collapsing the paragraph containing the inline entity form. Find the latest release Thunder 2.9 here.